The first item in the main menu of CMOS Setup Utility is usually Standard CMOS Features or Standard CMOS Setup, and in versions of BIOS with horizontal manu bar – Main.
Date (mm:dd:yy) (System Date), Time (hh:mm:ss) (System Time)
A motherboard has its own Real Time Clock (RTC) so that a computer has always knew the current date and time. The date and time values are set by direct input of numerical values in the corresponding fields or by using the buttons for changing of parameters.
Real Time Clock stoppage or failure show the malfunction of battery on your motherboard which should be changed.
Halt On (POST Errors), Wait For If Any Errors
These parameters define behavior of a system when a non-critical error occurs during computer booting.
Possible values of Halt On:
- All Errors – a computer becomes unbootable if an error of any type occurs with displaying the corresponding message. A user, as a rule, may continue booting by pressing a functional button;
- No Errors – a system will try to continue booting in case of any non-critical error;
- All, But Keyboard – a process will stop when any error occurs, except keyboard errors;
- All, But Disk – a booting will stop when any error occurs, except disk errors;
- All, But Disk/Key – a booting will stop when any error occurs, except disk or keyboard errors.
The parameter Wait For If Any Errors has the following set of values:
- Enabled (Yes) – a booting will stop when any error occurs;
- Disabled (No) – a booting will continue.