Motherboards by this company use Award BIOS Phoenix so they have good opportunities for overclocking using BIOS CMOS settings:
- changing the frequency of FSB over a wide range with the step of 1 MHz;
- regulation of the core voltage of the processor, chipset and in some models – separately southern and northern bridges of chipset, memory and AGP;
- changing the processor multiplying ratio;
- changing the frequency divider of AGP and PCI (the asynchronous scheme is used in some models of motherboards that allows implementing individual changes of frequencies);
- changing operating frequency of memory bus;
- changing the parameters of delays of memory operation;
- manual allocation of interruptions.
Using jumpers and switches on the motherboard, it is possible to setup a set of opportunities which the integrity and productivity of a system directly depend on:
- a jumper for resetting the current BIOS settings;
- a jumper for switching on/off the protection from processor overheating;
- switches enabling to select a language for beep messages (between English, Chinese, Japanese and German);
- a switch for selection an operating mode of BIOS Mirror: Normal or Rescue.
All these opportunities make motherboards by Albatron rather attractive for overclocking.