Wait for F1 if Error
This parameter controls the system behavior when non-critical error occurs while it’s booting. It is similar to the Halt On parameter.
- Enabled (On) – if a non-critical error occurs, the booting will stop with displaying an appropriate message;
- Disabled (Off) – if a non-critical error occurs, an appropriate message will be displayed on a screen but the booting will continue.
Hit ‘Del’ Message Display
This parameter enables displaying a tip with noting a button for BIOS Setup entry, for example “Press Del to run Setup”. Possible values:
- Enabled (On) – a tip is displayed (is set by default);
- Disabled (Off) – a tip is not displayed (selecting this value may complicate BIOS Setup entry for inexperienced user).
AddOn ROM Display Mode
This parameter controls messaging about device initialization with BIOS, for example SCSI- or RAID-adapters.
- Force BIOS – messages from additional BIOS are displayed on the screen;
- Keep Current – messages only from the main BIOS motherboard are displayed.
Boot Sector Virus Protection (Virus Warning)
This parameter enables protecting a boot sector of hard drive from changes at BIOS level: any attempts to interfere the booting area will be locked. The system may display appropriate warnings on the screen and a user may enable or disable writing to a boot sector.
- Enabled (On) – boot sector protection is on; and all ways to change it will be stopped;
- Disabled (Off) – writing to a boot sector is enabled.
During normal usage of computer, there is no need to change a boot record and protection can be activated. You must switch this parameter off in case of the hard drive partitioning, its formatting, installing operating systems or using special utilities for operation with a hard drive.
You cannot fully protect from viruses by using this function. For effective protection of your system compulsory use antivirus program with constantly updated virus databases.