PEG Link Mode
This parameter is used in some motherboards by ASUS. It speeds up the operation of video adapter set in a slot PCI Express x16 (PEG – PCI Express Graphics).
- Auto – all operating parameters of video adapter are set automatically; there is no overclocking;
- Slow, Normal, Fast, Faster – one of these values sets the level of video adapter overclocking. There is no overclocking for Slow; but the highest adapter capacity is achieved when Faster is installed.
To set a graphic adapter PCI Express, you might find some other parameters in motherboards by ASUS:
- PEG Root Control – controls the root port of PCI Express;
- Link Latency – controls the time of delay in the channel of PCI Express x16;
- PEG Buffer Length – defines the buffer length for graphic card with PCI Express interface;
- Slot Power – allows changing the power voltage of PCI Express Slot within small limits;
- High Priority Port Select – allows setting the highest priority for the selected port.
For normal operating of PCI Express bus, it is recommended to set Auto for these parameters.