This parameter manages a graphic port PCI Express x16; a video adapter is almost always set via it so it must be necessarily turned on.
- Enabled (On) – PCI Express x16 port is on;
- Disabled (Off) – PCI Express x16 port is off.
Some versions of BIOS have similar parameters for disconnecting each of PCI Express slots. Their names may be the following: PCI Express Slot 1, PCI Express Slot 2, PCI Express Slot 3; their values – Enabled/Disabled.
PEG Force x1
This parameter places PCI Express x16 port in compatibility mode with x1 port.
- Disabled (Off) – a port uses x16 mode that is necessary for normal operation of video adapter set in PCI Express x16 slot;
- Enabled (On) – a port is set in x1 mode that may be necessary when installing an appropriate motherboard.
Active State Power Management, ASPM
This parameter turns on the mode of active state power management of devices connected to PCI Express bus depending on their activity.
- Enabled (On) – ASPM mode is on. This value is recommended if there are devices of PCI Express 2.0 standard;
- Disabled (Off) – ASPM mode is off. This value should be used for devices of PCI Express 1.0 if there are errors in computer operation.