Onboard IDE Operate Mode
This parameter is similar to the previous one and allows selecting the compatible mode of SATA and IDE controllers.
- Compatible Mode – a compatible mode with operating systems MS-DOS, Windows 9x/NT4.0;
- Enhanced Mode – an advanced mode which is recommended for Windows 2000/XP/2003. In this case an additional parameter “Enhanced Mode Support On” may be available for setting this mode.
IDE Port Settings
This parameter was designed for additional configuration of SATA and IDE drives with selected compatible mode and outdated operating systems.
- Primary, P-ATA+S-ATA – IDE-drives connected to the primary channel and also SATA-disks are used here;
- Secondary, P-ATA+S-ATA – IDE-drives connected to the secondary channel and also SATA-disks are used here;
- P-ATA Ports Only – only IDE-drives are used here; SATA-ports are disconnected.
PATA IDE Mode (PATA IDE Set to)
This parameter is similar to the previous one and is suitable for those motherboards where a chipset supports only one channel for the connection of usual IDE-disks.
- 1 Master/Slave, Secondary IDE2 – IDE-disks will have the marking “Secondary Master” and “Secondary Slave”;
- Ch.0 Master/Slave, Primary IDE1 – IDE-disks will have the marking “Primary Master” and “Primary Slave”.